Question: Can you give me some general instructions in using and caring for a hearing aid?
Daily routines help to maintain optimal hearing aid performance.
Be sure to:
- Keep your hearing aids in a safe dry place at night. A dehumidifier or a case that will close are available in our office.
- Turn off your hearing aids when not in use.
- Change the wax filters monthly and clean the aids with the brush and cloth.
- Maintain routine six-month appointments for cleaning and verifications.
You will want to avoid:
- Wearing your hearing aids in the shower or swimming.
- Using hair spray over the hearing aids.
- Leaving batteries or hearing aids where children or pets can reach them easily.