Question: I am replacing my hearing aid batteries more often lately. Is there anything I can do to make them last longer?
Answer: Points to consider.
- Check with your Audiologist to be certain you have the correct size and best batteries for your aids.
- Batteries have a peel-off tab that keeps them from discharging. Once the tab’s peeled and the batteries activate, they can’t be deactivated. Be certain your battery is fresh with tab recently removed.
- Allow two minutes after removing the tab for the battery to acquire a complete charge before closing the battery door.
- Turn off your hearing aids when not in use and completely open the battery door to help your batteries last.
- Protect your devices from moisture of any kind.
- Finally, keep in mind that choosing rechargeable hearing aids eliminates the battery replacement issues.