1. Entry: To enter, access www.pthearingcenter.com website. Click on “Hear for the Holidays” to access contest terms and conditions. Please nominate someone you know or yourself who is in need for hearing aids but cannot afford them. Write a nomination letter of 500 words or less and submit it to Thigpen Hearing Center, PLLC. You may submit the nomination letter by email through the website, postal mail or delivery to the office at Thigpen Hearing Center, 315 Robert Rose Drive, Suite E, Murfreesboro, TN 37129. Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. CT on November 13 and ends at 4:59 p.m. on December 14, 2018. Limit one (1) entry per person. No automatic, programmed, robotic, or similar means of entry are permitted. Once submitted, entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. For a copy of these Official Rules, print them from the Website or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by December 4, to Thigpen Hearing Center, 315 Robert Rose Drive, Suite E, Murfreesboro, TN 37129.
2. Eligibility: This sweepstakes is only open to residents of Rutherford County and contiguous surrounding communities ages 18 and up. The contest is the intention to assist a nominee with hearing loss who could benefit from hearing aids but cannot afford them.
3. Drawing: On or about December 15, a sponsor panel of judges will select one (1) winner from all eligible entries. Winner must have a hearing loss that can be aided by the use of hearing aids. Eligibility will be determined by audiologic testing performed by Thigpen Hearing Center audiologist. If the top entrant is determined not to have an eligible hearing loss, an alternate winner may be selected. Based on a hearing evaluation establishing level of need and the submitted essay, the Grand Prize winner will be finalized. Entrants need not be present to win. Potential winner will be notified by phone. If winner does not respond to notification within 24 hours of the time of notification, prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected. Except where prohibited by law, potential winner will be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Ownership/Liability Release and Publicity Release (the “Affidavit”); otherwise prize will be forfeited.
4. Prize/Odds: Thigpen Hearing Center will award one (1) Grand Prize. Grand Prize consists of a pair of hearing devices selected by the audiologist at Thigpen Hearing Center (approximate retail value: $6,500). Sponsor will determine specific prize components at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Included with the hearing aids is the fitting, programming, orientation, 3-year warranty and insurance, 3 years of batteries, appointments and cleanings. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Winner is responsible for all taxes on prizes and expenses, including, without limitation: federal, state, and local sales and income taxes; luxury taxes; and any other costs incurred in claiming or using the prize. Tennessee does not have state, federal or local sales taxes on hearing aids. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded. No prize substitutions are permitted except at Thigpen Hearing Center’s sole discretion, and then only for a prize of equal or lesser value. Prize will be delivered to the winner at Thigpen Hearing Center, in accordance with Tennessee state laws.
6. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR OTHER PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING SEEKING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.