Captioned Phones: They Say It All
A captioned telephone is a phone that has a built-in screen to display what the person on the other line is saying in text.
Benefits of Captioned Phones
- Never miss a word! Spend more time focusing on the conversation rather than trying to interpret what’s being said.
- Most phones are free (see below for more information on how to get yours).
- They’re perfect for hearing aid users!
CaptionCall is a free assistive technology service that helps with landline phone conversations by clearly displaying the spoken words of the individual you’re talking to — instantly. Not only does CaptionCall allow you to catch every word of your conversation, but it provides a clear advantage to those who prefer to use landlines while wearing hearing aids.
- Easy to use — CaptionCall works like a regular phone
- Large text — 7-inch screen with adjustable text sizes for easy reading
- SilkScroll™ captions — smooth-scrolling captions for easy reading
- Location flexibility — uses a wired or wireless internet connection
- Customizable audio — easily adjust ringer and handset volume
- Voice mail — caption your answering machine messages
- Hearing aid compatible — eliminates feedback and provides a telecoil option
*Phone and service fees can be waived if a qualified hearing care professional signs a certification form detailing your hearing loss. Call us today to see if you qualify for this free service.